Cockroaches have been around for almost 350 million years!
Cockroaches can live up to two weeks without their heads!
Cockroaches will eat almost anything, including each other if food is scarce! Yikes!
Stop Cockroaches From Killing Your Vibe
Aside from being downright icky, cockroaches are a health and safety issue. They can spread bacteria and trigger allergies and asthma. They will also contaminate any food, utensils, and surfaces they crawl on. Sick! Literally!
Infestations can start when cockroaches come inside the home. Sometimes this is hard to avoid, but there are plenty of things you can do to prevent cockroaches from sticking around.
- Keep the inside and outside of your home clean, dry, and uncluttered.
- Don’t leave food (including pet food) sitting out too long, and don’t let trash accumulate inside.
- Regularly clean appliances and countertops.
- Vacuum carpets, rugs, and upholstered furniture on a regular basis to remove food debris.
- Eliminate moisture issues outside, like standing water, clogged gutters, or excessive amounts of mulch, pine straw, or leaf litter.
- Keep bushes and tree limbs trimmed back from the house.
- Store firewood away from the home, and eliminate as much clutter and debris as possible from around the foundation.
- Turn off unnecessary lights at night.
- Make sure screens on windows, doors, and vents are in good condition and seal up holes surrounding pipes in the foundation wall.