Cockroaches, also called Palmetto bugs, can be extremely difficult to get rid of, but that’s why Terminix is here to help. Here are some cockroach tips and facts to help you:
Common cockroaches in our service area include:
- German cockroaches
- American cockroaches
- Smokybrown cockroaches
- Oriental cockroach
The key to getting rid of palmetto bugs is to find and directly treat the source. In southern states where this cockroach lives outdoors, successful control involves treating the attic, crawl space, and exterior cracks in the home. In many cases, your Terminix professional may be required to achieve long-term relief by finding and treating likely cockroach harborages throughout the entire property.
To keep cockroaches from invading, follow these tips:
- Ensure that the attic or crawl space has sufficient ventilation, as this creates an unsuitable environment for cockroaches.
- Make sure all foundation and attic vents are equipped with tight-fitting screens.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home.
- Do not allow pet food to sit out overnight.
- Store firewood as far from the house as possible, locating it off the ground and covering it with a tarp or plastic.
- Eliminate piles of lumber and debris where cockroaches could harbor.
Call your local Terminix branch to set up your free inspection today.